Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Spicy Pretzels

Wanting to try something different than just plain old pretzels but yet still snack in a healthy way, I started experimenting (which is when my best food creations are born).


I started with a bag of plain pretzels (salted of course). Poured the whole bag into a 1 gallon zip lock baggie.
Then started throwing what ever I could into it. I knew I wanted them sorta spicy, I have grown to love spicy foods. Starting with Olive oil to use as a "glue" for my other ingredients. Also Olive oil is not as fattening as vegetable oil.  I then dashed some cayenne pepper into the bag, garlic powder, onion salt, parsley flakes, and cilantro. Shake well till evenly mixed.


For a taste test I just rubbed a little off the inside of the bag. I didn't like it LoL.....SO I added in some honey and some Adobe seasoning (the kind with pepper in it). Shook the bag again, trying to be careful and not break all the pretzels.
Now for my second taste test......mmm just right! Now I just want to let it sit for a couple of hours to let all the flavors marinate.  

I did try to find some recipes online before starting this but had no luck.


I believe I am gonna keep experimenting its fun and takes up some time during this deployment.









1 comment:

ThisCrazyLife said...

I do have a picture of the pretzels and how awesome they look. BUT i can't get them to upload for some reason :(