Friday, October 16, 2009

1 of 52 Weeks







52 Weeks is a Weekly Meme that I have joined. They say that moms aren't in the pictures enough (which I believe is true) and have challenged us to post a picture of our selves every week for 52 weeks (1 year)! Lets see how well this works.

This picture was taken in June of 2009 in Germany at a large zoo. ZOOM is a wonderful place to take a trip, it is about 2 hours away from Baumholder where we live.
We started our family vacation at Movie Park http://www.movieparkgermany.de it is the Nickelodeon  version of Disney World. They have Dora, Back Yard Agains, Sponge Bob, Jimmy Neutron, just to name a few. We all had a blast, I have pictures but they are on my "old" computer, I am gonna have to move everything. But I will post them when I get that done.
On our way home from Movie Park we saw signs for this ZOOM and we decided to take a little detour and check it out. We were all soooo glad we did that. They have an Alaska part of the zoo where you can see all the animals native to Alaska and its history. Africa, China and North America as well. The thing we liked about this zoo is that it wasn't walking up to animals and starring at them in cages, they had boat rides where the Hippo's, Rhino's and monkeys were right there, it seemed like you could touch them. The Lions were right there as well, there was a huge trench type thing to where they couldn't get to you but there were no fences or cages. It was awesome you really felt like you were walking threw the jungle, the animals looked happy and healthy, the park really tryed hard to make the habitats for the animals as "real" as they could and the animals had plenty of room to roam. 
The vacation was a hit! Movie Park rocks everyone in Germany should try it along with ZOOM out!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to 52 weeks! :)

I've never heard of a ZOOM - sounds neat tho! Maybe when my baby girl is a little older! :)

ThisCrazyLife said...

If I knew how to put the link on there so you could check it out I would. I think I am computer illiterate.

Hoosier Homemade said...

Thanks for linking up to Fri. Favorites. Do you have something you need to link? I'm not great, but maybe I could tell you how to do it.
~Liz

ThisCrazyLife said...

Liz-
There are several links that I would like to add. I have noticed that when I am others blogs all you have to do is click on the name they have typed and it links you right up. I don't know how to do that other than going to the page and copy and pasting as you can see on my most recent blog.
Your page is awesome I am so jealous :-)

The Boyd Family said...

is that another tat i see you lil hussie~! haha LOVE YA!