Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Quote of the Day

I was on Facebook a few minutes ago and a friend of mine put a quote from Bob Marley up as his status. First of all let me say I love quotes. I feel like sometimes people won't listen to what you have to say unless they know it comes from a famous or well known person.
The quote by Bob Marley was "everyon's going to hurt you, you just have to find the ones worth suffering for".
Right now that sums up what I am going threw so to a T. My husband is deployed to Afganistan, this is his 4th deployment, we have 5 kids and are in a new place, state, etc...for only a few months now. I have found people who wanted me to call them friends, I have found people I wanted to call friends. There are people in this life who you tell you that they are the one you can call if you need anything but you know deep down inside if you really HAD to call them, you would really feel uncomfortable doing so.
The reason I like this particular quote is because I know that despite all the things that are going on here while my husband is gone, no matter how hard it may seem it is, and I know that he is not the one who is hurting me but all the while he is worth all the suffering I am going threw.
He lifts me up and puts a smile on my face, makes me feel good and forget all the pettiness that goes on.

I want to start having a "quote of the day" or "quote of the week" blog! If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

No comments: