Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Boys First Hair Cut


Jeff and I have been talking about getting the boys hair cut for a couple days. We were a little torn, should we go long and let it curl or do the buzz cut look? Kamryn likes to fix the boys hair, she will put gel in it and make one all messy and the other a mow hawk they look adorable, but they have those long strands behind their ears that just look bad.
At lunch when Jeff got home from work he said "you wanna go take the boys to get their hair cut today?" I said "sure". The plan was, first I was going to drop him off at work so I could run some errands that I needed to. Second, run back to the house, pick the girls up from school, then finally go to the barber shop. The plan started out working just fine up until the point when we got to the barber shop! Kid by kid piled out of the van and into the barber shop. I was getting the usual stare by people as I was walking into the barber shop by myself with so many children. There were 2 German women and 1 German man. Both women were working so I asked the man "can you cut my babies hair, both of them?" he said "will they sit?" I looked at the babies and said "I hope so." He pointed to the chair. So I put Turner on the chair and instantly he freaked out so I picked him up and traded Cecilia for Taylor. He sat in the chair and did fine at first, all of a sudden he just went crazy. Poor baby was turning his head, crying, and reaching for me. Finally the dude just stopped and said "no more you don't have to pay". So the kids and I piled back into the van.
I drove straight to the PX and bought a pair of clippers. As soon as I picked Jeff up from work I explained what happened at the barber shop and that we had to fix it. "I can not let my baby go around looking all gaped up like this" I said. He just laughed and said "poor baby". Right when we got home we pulled a chair into the kitchen, took the clippers out of the box, put the boys in the chair one by one and started cutting their hair. Turner did good as long as we had his hands occupied. Taylor on the other hand, he just didn't want his hair cut today LOL. Jeff and I got it done and they look very handsome. Jeff did most of the cutting while I did most of the "moral support" lol. But let me say this.......cutting boys hair is a totally different territory than girls. I'm sure this just a start to a whole new world I am entering with having 2 boys now. I am gladly looking forward to it, after today I think I might need to invest in clippers and maybe finish cosmetology school! LOL

4 comments:

Heidi Collins said...

I am LOVING reading the posts!! The Ramie/child birth has GOT to be my favorite! Keep them coming! : )

Kristie said...

Your kids are adorable!! Jackson is only 5 months old, but I'm still getting used to the whole "boy" thing too.

ThisCrazyLife said...

wow kristie your blog makes mine look like stuff written on a piece of paper compared to yours, its so nice....you should give me some pointers lol. i can't figure out how to put a slide show up to save my life! lol

Anonymous said...

Holy crap those boys are so big!!